Turkish defence systems manufacturer Aselsan Elektronik said on Tuesday it opened a new branch in Qatar.
The new branch, Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. QSTP-B, will support the company’s expanding activities in Qatar, Aselsan said in a filing with Borsa Istanbul’s public disclosure platform (KAP), Anadolu Agency (AA) reported. No further details were disclosed.
ASELSAN is a company of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, established in 1975 in order to meet the communication needs of the Turkish Armed Forces by national means. Currently 74.20% of the shares are owned by the Foundation whereas the remaining 25.8% runs in İstanbul Borsa stock market.
ASELSAN is the largest defense electronics company of Turkey whose capability/product portfolio comprises communication and information technologies, radar and electronic warfare, electro-optics, avionics, unmanned systems, land, naval and weapon systems, air defence and missile systems, command and control systems, transportation, security, traffic, automation and medical systems. Today ASELSAN has become an indigenous products exporting company, investing in international markets through various cooperation models with local partners and listed as one of the top 100 defence companies of the world (Defense News Top 100).
ASELSAN, together with the technology emphasis in its vision, has targeted to be a company that maintains its sustainable growth by creating value in the global market; preferred due to its competitiveness, trusted as a strategic partner, and caring for the environment and people.
Together with the highly qualified engineering staff within more than 7.000 employees, being the main driving factor of the company’s success, ASELSAN allocates 7% of its annual income for self-financed research and development activities.