Spanish shipbuilder Navantia told SDArabia that it will display a wide range of products at the IDEF-2015 International Defense Industry exhibition and conference, which will be held in Turkey from May 5 to 8.
The Navantia exhibit features the company’s latest systems, including the F-100 frigates, F-310 frigates and the LHD/LPD ships. The corporation will also showcase its new integrated systems for platform control and management (IPMS) provided with an open architecture for the integration of all types of additional subsystems and their specific software so that all of them can operate under the same operative system.
The IPMS can be installed in any type of platform, from patrol vessels to aircraft carriers.
The IPMS consist of the following components:
– Operator Console: It is intended to provide surveillance, alarms warning and commands generation.
– Local Substations (LSS): Information gathering, execution of control algorithms and sending commands to the machinery actuators.
– Data Transmission Network (DTN): for interconnection of data between consoles and substations, ensuring the information integrity
The consoles, LSS and DTN can be configured with any COTS available in the market. They can be suited to the ship´s characteristics.
With the purpose of guaranteeing the system survivability, the IPMS configuration implies a redundant and distributed architecture (not centralised) with identical functionality for all operator consoles. The IPMS architecture allows assigning the platform control to any combination of operator consoles.
The main target in the development of the IPMS is to make the platform status information available from any turned on console.
The control of one subsystem is assigned to only one console, and just those users with Supervisor category are allowed to modify that assignment.
The IPMS provides a high automation level, allowing reduced crews safely sail the ship. COMPLEX organizes and presents the information in the optimal way to help operators get the knowledge of the platform’s state (propulsion, power plant, auxiliaries and damage control) and make the best decisions.
The main functions are:
– Monitoring and Warning functions: Analog and digital information display, communications and sensors diagnosis, alarm warnings and trend charts.
– Automatic functions: IPMS can operate under different levels of automation: manual, semiautomatic and automatic.
– Security functions: These functions are used to provide machinery and equipment automatic Emergency Stop, without the operator´s assistance, under risk operating conditions.
-Damage Control functions: Including management of incidences related whit fire, flooding, smoke, NBQ alarms, stress and stability calculations, on line Personnel location, Kill cards, etc.
– Other IPMS services:
-Navigation data, e-mail, videoconference, video surveillance, on line help, On Board Training System (OBTS).
– Predefined Configurations: Set of commands issued with a single action. E.g. Firemain valves, Tightness conditions. Individual and Summary status is shown.
– Data Logging functions: IPMS has Data Store Units (DSU) which collects and store continuously Events, Alarms, Analog values, operator actions, etc.
– Playback: projects historical data on the mimics, 3D scenes and Data Viewers.