The Oshkosh Defense Stryker Medium Caliber Weapon System (MCWS) provides increased lethality, accuracy, and range while maintaining the mobility and survivability of the Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle Double V Hull (ICVVA1). Integrated on the chassis is a 30mm weapon system based on Rafael Advanced Defense Systems’ proven SAMSON family of turrets.
The Oshkosh Defense Stryker MCWS leverages next -generation capabilities from an already proven system that has been customized to meet the stringent mission requirements of the U.S. Army’s Stryker Brigade Combat Teams (SBCTs).
The low cost, lightweight system meets stringent vehicle and turret performance requirements while staying within overall vehicle weight limits and packaging constraints. These capabilities will allow SBCTs to achieve increased lethality on an ever-evolving battlefield.
STRYKER MCWS KEY FEATURES
- Enhanced lethality
- Meets all weapon system performance requirements
- Lightweight design well below requirements gross vehicle weight rating
- Maximized commonality for Soldier capacity
- Modular and configurable turret structure
- Occupied compartment artillery protection
- Minimal rework, less intrusive ICVVA1 integration changes