Sony has announced on the 20th of August the launch of Media Navigator, its affordable and scalable solution to deliver flexible asset management. The new user-friendly platform supports a wide selection of modern media formats, including 4K, and is ideal for a range of professional customers, from production companies and regional broadcasters to corporations, government bodies and institutions.
Asset management platforms are often soloed systems that lack collaboration and interoperability, unable to support multiple media formats. Media Navigator has been designed to allow customers to manage, distribute and archive their most valuable assets. Unlike other asset management systems currently in the market, Media Navigator does not require a deep technical knowledge for operation of the platform or the creation of workflows. Media Navigator allows customers to adapt the platform for their specific needs, be it a one-man operation or enterprise level company.
Media Navigator orchestrates key phases of the content workflow – from ingest, catalogue and editing to review, approvals, distribution – including cloud – and archive. Designed with the user in mind, the interface is centred on intuitive functionality, which provides an effortless and efficient experience for all users.
“Sony sees Media Navigator as the platform of choice for small to mid-level production environments,” said Vivian Saldanha, Business head, Content Creation Sales and Market development, Sony Professional Solutions MEA. “Based on our research and the customer insight we have received, we know that companies of this size are often managing their media back-up on portable hard drives and using Excel as their database. This often results in displaced or lost files. Content is your most valuable asset, and now Sony is offering a truly affordable and reliable solution, that adapts to the way you work, to keep your assets safe and secure.”
On top of the many customer benefits, Media Navigator is one of the most user-friendly and feature rich asset management systems on the market:
- Integrates seamlessly with popular non-linear editors (NLE).
- Instantly uploads content to designated content sharing platforms including Sony Ci
- Allows users to browse and download content on the Sony CI platform directly from Media Navigator and integrates seamlessly with Sony’s Catalyst suite of media preparation tools
- Provides internal encoding and decoding features, from SD to 4K, reducing the need for external transcoders
- Enables any media to be archived safely onto rugged, dependable removable Optical Disc Archive system that offers a nominal 50 year operating life
Media Navigator is available from September 2015.