A10 Networks, a leader in application networking, announced the A10 Thunder Convergent Firewall(CFW); a standalone security product that leverages the ACOS Harmony platform with cutting-edge innovations. Thunder CFW key benefits include:
• High-performance Secure Web Gateway with integrated explicit proxy, URL filtering and SSL Insight. It enables security policy enforcement for client outbound HTTP/HTTPS traffic.
• High-performance data center firewall (DCFW) with integrated network denial-of-service (DoS) protection and Server Load Balancing (SLB). It provides Layer 4 statefulfirewall and Layer 7 application-level gateway.
• High-performance Gi/SGifirewall with integrated network DoS and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN). The Gi/SGi firewall protects the mobility infrastructure with advanced policy enforcement.
• High-performance IPSecsite-to-site VPN. It helps enterprises to secure application traffic between sites and it enables global enterprises to use public networks to transport application traffic securely.
• aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW. aGalaxy provides device management, configuration, reporting and troubleshooting for Thunder CFW.
“I’m thrilled to announce the industry’s first solution that consolidatesmultiple converged security solutions in one package,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks. “Thunder Convergent Firewall provides a highly effective, highly scalable all-inclusive converged secured application network platform to protect organizations’ assets. Thunder CFW is a testament to the power and versatility of the ACOSHarmonyplatform and we’ve worked with our customers in implementing some of the key security modules.”
The explosion of mobile devices and apps—plus the move to SDN, NFV and cloud—is driving the need for a new type of firewall that consolidates network security modules, SSL Insight, ADC and CGN in a reduced data center footprint. The firewalls of the future need to be high performance, have built-in SSL visibility, and handle ever-increasing data traffic. Thunder CFW offers a converged security solutionfor service providers, cloud providers, and large enterprises; benefits include:
• Achieve unprecedented performance and scale in a compact form factor:Firewall performance leverages ACOS for over 150 Gbps throughput and 5 million CPS in a one rack-unit appliance.
• Lower OPEX and CAPEX by convergingsecurity and application delivery on a single appliance:Combines security and application networking, thereby reducing costs, latency and data center footprint.
• Streamline and automate operations with a truly programmable platform: Leveraging aGalaxy centralized management and the ACOS Harmony platform with standards-based RESTful APIs to providingaccess to telemetry data and all aspects of configuration.
• Gain advanced URL classification:Thunder CFW has classified more than 13 billion URLs into 83 categories to provide outstanding scale and accuracy.
• Efficiency with single pass SSL decryption and SSL inspection for multiple devices:Best-in-class decryption capabilities enable security devicesto process clear text traffic.
• Expand security efficacy and extend the life of existing security infrastructure: Expand and offload functionality by adding SSL Insight to existing firewallsfor full SSL visibility, URL filtering and threat intelligence processing; data center firewall and Gi/SGi firewall policy enforcement.